I got an email by my friend and colleague Toni Frankola, where he announced the release of its great SP Documentation Kit.
Here’s an excerpt:
The idea here is simple: every once in a while I had to document a SharePoint farm. That was boring, repetitive task I did not like to that, so I decided to make a tool to help me automate that. Here it is: http://www.spdockit.com/
• Create professional looking (Word format) SharePoint 2010 Farm documentation
• Compare settings between different farms (e.g. QA/Production or two different customers)
• Track farm changes
Links and instructions:
1. Download from: http://www.spdockit.com/downloads/
2. Quick Start Guide: http://www.spdockit.com/help/quick-start-guide/
3. How to generate farm documentation: http://www.spdockit.com/help/how-to/create-sharepoint-farm-documentation/
I remember that Toni talked to me about this project almost one year ago, when we met at the Slovenian SharePoint Conference in Ljubljana.
At the time, I could only say “great idea, Toni”.
Now I can definitely say “great tool Toni”.